Tuesday, December 1, 2009

John Henry funnies

I want to write these down before I forget!

Today we got Chick-fil-A and sat in the parking lot to eat b/c they are paving the road and John Henry was so into watching all the trucks. When we were pulling away, he said, "Bye bye big trucks. Mwah!" (he blew them a kiss) Then he looked at them and said, "Hey! They doesn't have mouths to say mwah to me!" He sounded so shocked. :)

We were at gymnastics this morning and a little girl was throwing a fit and screaming NO to her mom. John Henry said, "That girl is saying no. That's not nice." I was so embarrassed! Like he doesn't scream no to me!

I was putting him to bed the other day and all the sudden he sat up and said, "Where is Macey's mommy?" I said, "I'm Macey's mommy. I'm John Henry's mommy and Macey's mommy." I thought he would be upset, but he was holding his Thomas cup and he said, "Where is Macey's drink?" I guess he thought he would have to share everything. :)

Yesterday John Henry was wearing a shirt with a stocking on it. I asked him what it was, knowing that he didn't really know. I thought he would say a sock, but he said an elbow!

And this isn't really something that John Henry said, but it is about him. We were at Food World this weekend, and the checkout lady kept talking about how cute SHE was. I made a point to say he a lot, but it didn't get across! Finally she said, "Oh her shirt is so cute. What does the J stand for? Is that her name?" I said, "Yes, HIS name is John Henry." She looked at me so confused and said, "She's a girl and you named her John Henry?" Seriously?! And he had on red check pants and a white t-shirt with a red check ornament on it with the lime J. It was as boyish as we get around here and not girly at all!

I know there are more, so I need to call my mom and Kurt to see what they remember.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Adorable! HE is adorable.

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Haha those stories cracked me up! People always think Curran is a boy even when she has on pink and depsite me saying she!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio