These past 9 weeks have been very hard! A few days before William was born, Macey had a slight stomach virus, right after he was born JH got it, then Kurt got it. Then we were healthy for a few days until JH relapsed and got a fever and upper respiratory infection. The next week Macey got a stomach virus on Thursday, me on Saturday, JH on Monday (his lasted over a week). Somehow Kurt adn William avoided it! Then JH got bronchiolitis, and William got it (it's RSV in older kids and turns into bronchiolitis). We ended up at the ER two times in the middle of the night with William. They did albuterol the 2nd time, but it didn't really help. Then Macey got it. We were healthy for almost 2 weeks (William is still coughing, but we didnt' have any new sicknesses), and now I have bronchitis. I had a 103.3 fever today and it was awful! Just typing all this about the past 9 weeks makes me stress. We basically haven't left the house, and we keep getting sick! Thankfuly Kurt works for his dad and has been able to take him off of work to take care of the sick kid of the day or me when I am sick! Kurt and I have spent more time together since William has been born than we ever have, and it's been great having him home. I was so sad when he went back to work on Wednesday after Christmas. I didn't realize he'd be home on Thursday taking care of me. :)
One thing that has made things easier is that William is the sweetest baby! He smiles and laughs all the time. He loves JH and Macey and laughs at them when they talk to him. Thankfully, they still aren't jealous of him. They love him so much and just want to hold him and kiss him all the time. Now, the two of them fight constantly, but they love William!
William naps off and on all day in his swing. He goes to bed around 11:00 at night. Even if I think he's going to go to bed before that, he rarely does. He sleeps in the pack n play newborn napper until around 2 or 3 and then I feed him and usually fall asleep holding him and he spends teh rest of the night in our bed. Last night I was sick, so I stayed awake to lay him back down and he did great. He doens't like to be swaddled like Macey did. One night I had him in the miracle blanket and he cried for over an hour until Kurt told me to unswaddle him. As soon as I did, he quit crying! He does like to be swaddled while he sleeps, so I wait for him to get sound asleep and I swaddle him in an Aden and Anais swaddling blanket. He does cry some at night when he gets overly tired, but Kurt can always calm him down. I am not as good at calming him down as Kurt is.
At 1 month check up, which was really 5 weeks, he weighed 12 lbs. He weighed 7.14 at birth so he has gained 4.2 lbs, 3/4 lb a week! He's so much bigger than my other babies!
At 8 weeks, I have ordered size 2 diapers b/c he has almost grown out of his size 1s. He takes a NUK pacifier. He was taking Soothies, but on Christmas Eve I tried a NUK. For like 45 min, it was like I deprogramed him. He wouldn't take a paci and he just screamed. Then he started taking the NUK, which I am happy about. I think Soothies are so ugly. It looks like a giant tire on their face.
He's wearing 0/3 month footy pjs, but he is very close to growing out of them quickly. Both of my other kids wore gowns for the first 6 months, and I have so many for William but it's so cold right now that I had to buy some footy pjs for him.
We have been so sick and so have all of our friends, that no one has really even seen him! All my best friends have seen him one time. Hank and Julie have seen him a little more with Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's strange to think that he is going to be so big when everyone sees him again, but we have been cursed with sickness and certainly wouldn't want to expose anyone else!
I know I have so much more to post about sweet William, but that's all I can remember!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago










2 comments:
Yea!!! It was like Christmas all over again to see three post from Megan! William is so stinking adorable! I can't stand it. I am so sorry you have been so sick. I wish I lived down the street so I could over a casserole! Do you think one would defrost if I stuck it in the mail? I hope to meet William soon!
I love the updates and seeing pictures!!! I can't wait to get to see you guys when everyone is better - hopefully sometime next week!! :-)
Post a Comment