Friday, May 21, 2010

Macey's GI appointment in the rain

I think the stomach virus is finally over. We are spending one more night on the couch to make sure I don't get puked on, but I think we are good. Finally!!

This morning we went to Macey's GI appointment this morning. On the way down there it was raining so hard that I really couldn't see the road. So scary! We pulled in the parking lot right as it quit raining. Then John Henry said he needed to poop, so I had to pull out the portable potty and wait for him. Then it started pouring rain. I mean pouring. I had to get our bags, Macey, and John Henry to the door in the rain. By the time we were halfway across the parking lot, it looked like we had taken a bath in our clothes. The sweet security guard ran out with his umbrella, got Macey, and walked us in. When we got in, I made Macey scream cry by wiping her off with paper towels while she was sleeping. I think that man thought I was the most unorganized person in the world. (really, he isn't far off)

The doctor was so nice. His name is Steven King. I bet he gets a lot of crap for that. He changed Macey's Zantac to Axid and scheduled her for an upper GI in June. He also said that breastfeeding is the best thing for acid reflux. I was surprised about that because when I tell people Macey has acid reflux, everyone says that I will have to quit breastfeeding. But Steven King says no, to do it for the whole year, so I was glad to hear that.

I also asked the doctor about John Henry's stomach virus lasting so long and him only throwing up every 48 hours. He said that when you get a stomach virus your gastric emptying can slow down. When John Henry's stomach would fill up, every 48 hours or so, he would throw up. So it was good to know that maybe he wasn't contagious these last few days!

On the way out it was pouring again. A nice man in the lobby grabbed someone's umbrella and walked me to my car. He even carried John Henry for me. Kurt was horrified when I told him I let someone carry John Henry. I do see why, I'd probably kill him if he did that!

And 2 funny things that John Henry said today: Dr. King was talking to him about Macey; just things like if she talked or played with him. John Henry said no, that she was just a baby. Then he told him, "My mommy tried to get Macey to stand up on the kitchen counter, but she wouldn't." He said, "Oh do we need to call DHR?" He was kidding, but I could have died! The other day I was trying some clothes on Macey and to try and see them better I was holding her up on the counter. Guess I shouldn't do that with John Henry around!

Sno Biz in Cullman is always closed even though their sign says they stay open until 6. Kurt has taken John Henry a few times. but they are always closed. The last time it happened Kurt said that he wanted to blow up at the owner for always closing and disappointing John Henry. Today we drove by and John Henry said, "My daddy takes me there and that man just closed it down. Daddy is going to blow it up." I was so mad! I texted Kurt and got onto him for telling our son that. Then he explained what he really said. That makes 2 stories today where John Henry makes us sound like the worst parents in the world! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio