A few days after Macey turned 6 months, we fed her rice cereal for the first time. Just like John Henry, she loved it!
The next week I decided to try baby food. John Henry loved it the first time, and I was expecting her to as well. But the first time I gave it to her, she blew bubbles and spit out every single bite. I even tried 3 different kinds of baby food, totally ignoring the rule about 1 kind every 3 days. Later that night was the night she had the fever, so I think she just didn't feel like eating and trying new things.
The next day I tried again and she loved it! Now she eats peas, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, and bananas. At each feeding (2x a day) she eats 1/2 a jar of a vegetable and 1/2 a jar of a fruit. At dinner tonight she still wanted more, so I gave her another 1/2 jar of a vegetable.
I am loving the baby food thing. Kurt had his hernia surgery yesterday and when Macey got hungry in recovery, I could just feed her baby food rather than having to go to the car to nurse her. The nurse commented on how John Henry and Macey were "angels." That was sweet of her and they were being good, but I am sure the laptop with A Bug's Life DVD had something to do with John Henry being so good for 4 hours in the waiting room and Macey is usually pretty good in public. She is definitely a people watcher like her mom. :)
Here are some pictures of her first real food: (please ignore my messy bookshelf; that is Wee Swap stuff waiting to be finished)

1 comments:
She is such a doll!
Post a Comment