John Henry is 27 months old. Here are some of the things he says.
- He calls me Mom, Mama, and Mommy. He calls Kurt Daddy, Dada, or Dad. I have no idea why he doesn't pick one!
- He always says please and thank you to me and Kurt. Not so much to other people b/c I think he is more shy with them, but at least he knows he is supposed to. I am trying to work on yes m'am (I have no idea how to spell that) and yes sir, but he really doesn't get it b/c he doesn't know there are boys and girls. Right now he says yes sir all the time.
- He has started saying, "Ok Mama" when I tell him no or stop. It doesn't mean he actually stops what he isnt' supposed to be doing, but it sounds really sweet!
- He LOVES Bailey. He wants to hold her, hug her, and boss her around all the time.
- At night when we go to bed, I tell him to tell God what he is thankful for. I didn't know if he really got it at first b/c he didnt' say anything. After I had finished his prayers, he said, "Thank you Bailey. Thank you Daddy. Thank you Mommy." So sweet!
- Now he thanks God for Bailey, Ben and Bec, and Kase every night in that order. Never anyone else, except occasionally for Lily/Lucy, Kase's little sister. (Her name is actually Lily, but JH calls all babies Lucy.)
- Today Kurt asked him if he wanted to ride go-karts and he said, "ride choo choo, feed baby goose, and play golf too." :) We did everything he wanted!
- All he wants to eat is ice cream or junk. He used to be such a good eater, but I swear the kid would never eat if I didn't force him.
- Sleeping is still bad! He sleeps all night, but with us. He likes to lie in his bed now to go to sleep, and it takes at least 1 hr every night, usually more. Tonight from the time we walked back to his room, until the time he fell asleep, it was 1 hr. 45 min! But he did have a screaming fit for daddy, so we came out to visit with Kurt for a while. I'm going to go nuts if the kid doesn't start going to sleep faster!
- He dances all the time.
- He sang the ABC song in the backseat the other day. He didn't miss a letter until H. I was shocked that he knew it. I had no idea!
- He loves the itsy bitsy spider song.
That is all I can think of now. I will add more tomorrow when other people can help me remember.
2 new posts below this one

2 comments:
Glad you updated the blog...I was going through withdrawals!! :) Hope you are feeling better! I do not miss those early days!
Me too! John Henry is adorable. I want to get together again soon!
Post a Comment