First of all, if you have called or emailed and I haven't emailed back I am sorry! Things have been crazy here, and I feel guilty talking on the phone and taking more time away from John Henry.
Our first week at home has been good! John Henry loves Macey and wants to hold her, but the jealously has started to set in a little bit. He wants me to hold him more and more and has been acting out for a few days! The 2nd day we were home, John Henry looked in Macey's bassinette and she wasn't in it. He asked where she was and I told him downstairs with Daddy. He said, "Mommy, I wanted two babies!" I think he has changed his mind since then. :)
Macey is doing well. She was jaundiced so she had to say on the light for 3 1/2 days. It really was a blessing b/c we couldn't hold her all the time, so she is learning to sleep on her own. Something John Henry never did! She sleeps great, but is awake more than any newborn I have ever seen. Usually about 2x a day she wakes up for 3 hours. Today she was up from 7-10 am and 4-7 pm. I am talking wide awake the whole time. She will lie in her bed for a while, but then she fusses to eat or be held. God has been very gracious and not let that happen at night yet, praise the Lord!
Kurt and I both had a stomach virus last night. He spent the night in the basement b/c I didn't want him touching the kids. John Henry and I slept on the couch with Macey beside us in the basinette. We are both feeling better today, but John Henry and I are pretty tired!
We went and had Macey's newborn pictures done with Beth Daniel today. Just this month she is doing a special for newborns 10 days old and under- free sitting fee and 20 free prints. Yay!!! I think the pics will turn out really well. I can't wait to see them. John Henry flat out refused to take a picture with her, but I can't blame him. We did get about 6 hours of sleep on the couch and he was an angel for the first two hours we were there. I was very disappointed though b/c I really wanted one of them together.
I know I have more to add, but I will do it later.

3 comments:
So cute!! I love the one of JH holding her! I cant wait to come see you guys. Ben keeps begging to come to JH's house. She is adorable :-)
She is so cute! I am glad things are going well!
Love the sweet pic of JH and Macey! Curran didn't sleep much as a newborn either. But at least Macey is sleeping at night!
Post a Comment