Today Macey is 1 month old. Time is flying by. It makes me sad that she is getting so big. We have her 1 month appt. tomorrow so I will update weight and stuff then.
UPDATE: She weighs 9 lbs, 5 oz. She has gained almost 2 lbs in a month! Very good considering she was down to 6 lbs, 14 oz. the day after we left the hospital. She is 21.5 inches long. (She was 20 at birth.) And her head has grown 1" to 14 3/4". She got 1 shot, and she screamed from the time theu gave it to her until we got in the car and I fed her. I am not looking forward to next month when she gets 4! Oh, and she smiled at both me and my mom today.
She is sleeping in 2-5 hour stretches at night. Last night she slept from 11-4! Usually it is more like 3 hours, but I will take it. Most nights I only get up about 2 times to feed her. I feed her in her room while I read or play in the internet. She has been up more at night b/c she is having trouble going back to sleep after she eats, but she is fine as long as I hold her. Of course! So I have to hold her for a few more minutes until she is good and asleep. Some nights she wakes John Henry up, and he comes in her room with me to feed her. He just lays down next to me and goes to sleep. Then I carry her to bed, then him to bed.
I can tell she has gotten so much bigger. She just grew out of her newborn diapers into size 1 diapers, and she's getting fat rolls on her legs.
I feel kind of bad not adding more about her, but it's not like she does that much at this stage. :) Sorry if this makes no sense. I am beyond tired tonight.
A couple of cute John Henry stories- I was getting Macey ready for her bath yesterday, and he was hugging her saying, "I love you so much. I love you so much Macey." It was so sweet! Then he helped me get a washcloth and laid it on her stomach to keep her warm while we were bathing her. When he did it he said, "There you go Macey; you're all set!"
New post below
I have tried to fix the spaces 100 times, but they won't work! Sorry it is all jumbled up.

2 comments:
Haha you're not copying ME because I copied everyone else! :)
Macey is so cute that I could just gobble her up!! And I love all the sweet things JH says to her!
Adoraable banner! (I just got a cricut and my mini monogram cartridge comes any day now! I can wait to make some banners! )She is adorable.
Post a Comment