First the swine flu update- John Henry was worse today, but he still isn't terrible. His cough got worse last night; it is more wet now. He woke up at 5 with a 100.4 fever, so I gave him some motrin and he slept until 9. He mostly laid around all day, but he will get up and play football for a few min, then he wants to lie down again. He napped from 1-5, then went back to bed at 9:45. He has been sneezing like crazy and every time he says, "I've got snot!"
Now I have the flu too. :( I had a temp of 99.7 and started coughing. I took Tamiflu as soon as I felt sick, so I feel pretty good now. I have a had some body aches but nothing some Tylenol didn't take care of.
Kansas Trip:
Thursday we went to Kansas. Kurt and I were worried about how John Henry would do on the plane ride, but he was awesome. We took the car seat on the plane and told him it was like the car and that he couldn't get out. The first plane ride he watched his Little Einsteins DVD that Laudan made him. He asked to get out one or two times about an hour in, but got over it quickly.
Then we had a layover in Dallas for about an hour. We were hauling so much crap through the airport that it was ridiculous! Thankfully we thought to get a thing that would wheel the car seat around. We put John Henry in that and he kept saying, "It's like a stroller!" That plane ride he slept the whole time. We had to wake him up b/c everyone was getting off the plane. :) I did not ever think I would be able to read a book during the plane ride!
We got to Kansas and met my dad at the airport. We rented a Toyota Sienna minivan, much to Kurt's disappointment. (He ended up loving it even if he won't admit it!) We went to Topeka and checked into our hotel, which was really nice. Then we went to visit my grandmother. She is 90, so I am glad she got to meet John Henry and I got to visit again. It has been 3 years since I have been to Kansas- the longest I have ever gone without visiting. My cousin Josh came to visit too.
Friday night we had a great dinner with my aunt and my cousins. It was so fun to see everyone again. My family may be nuts, but they are so funny!
Saturday we visited some family again and went to dinner with my dad and one of his friends while Kurt stayed back in the hotel to watch the game.
Sunday we packed up and went home. John Henry did great again on the plane. He slept on the first plane ride and then watched his DVD on the 2nd plane ride.
We had lots of fun but were glad to be back home in our own house and bed, esp when the flu hit!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment